The Christmas season is a BIG marriage proposal season. And if you're thinking of proposing to your girlfriend this year . . . well, PRAY she hasn't been POISONED by all the elaborate proposals that go viral on YouTube.
According to a new survey, about
10% say they want to be SERENADED.
7% want you to recite a POEM.
And 5% want a FLASH MOB.
The survey also found about a quarter of women would say "NO" if the proposal wasn't good enough. Then again, if you propose and she says NO because you didn't do a flash mob . . . you might've just dodged a bullet there, my friend.
Women said they REALLY start to expect a proposal three years and four months into a relationship.
Most of us focus on the things that we need to fix, and don't pay enough attention to the stuff that's going well. Here are seven signs that your life is actually pretty awesome. Listen up . . .
1. Food and drink are readily available. You should appreciate the fact that you can grab a bite when you're hungry. Even if it's just a snack from a vending machine, if it's easy for you to get food, be thankful.
And if having your favorite morning beverage is an option . . . you're fortunate.
2. You can take hot showers with clean water. Not everybody gets to do that. If you can, appreciate it.
3. You've got bedding and walls. It's easy to take "shelter" for granted, but having walls and a roof is a big deal. And beds are a total luxury . . . just imagine life without sheets. And if you've got a thermostat to adjust, your life is going great.
4. You don't HAVE TO walk. If you have ANY transportation option besides walking, it's time to be grateful.
5. You're wearing clean clothes. Maybe you're not wearing the trendiest designer stuff . . . but if you have clean options to choose from, then life is good.
6. People love you. Maybe not a TON of people, but if you've got at least a couple of people who love you . . . that's lucky. Don't take those people for granted.
7. You're breathing right now. If it seems lame to be happy because you've got oxygen, then just think about NOT having any. And then take a couple of deep breaths and appreciate your life.
According to a new survey of 52 shop assistants at super high-end luxury boutiques . . . like Armani, Burberry, and Christian Dior . . . when they see someone wearing sweatpants, it's a sign that person is LOADED.
The consensus is that, quote, "Wealthy people sometimes dress very badly to demonstrate superiority." Basically, you're showing you're SO rich that you don't need to prove you're rich.
Now . . . you can't wear the $4 Walmart sweatpants and get away with it. You've got to buy the more expensive sweatpants. But you get to wear them in public . . . isn't that a totally worthwhile investment?